Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shelly F loves that she discovered her local CSA (and wins Boldest action of the challenge)


Challenge: Discover your local CSA farm
Challenge Sponsor: prAna
Category: Culture and Community
Shelly's action: "What timing! I'm picking up my very first delivery from the Be Wise Ranch CSA today at 3:30. I can't wait to see & taste what I got!"

Shelly's thoughts:
After seeing "Food, Inc." & then "The Future of Food", and then talking about it at work about a month ago, one of my co-workers told me about her CSA membership. I had never heard of CSAs before. I signed up on the spot. I've only picked up one bundle so far, and so far I'm 100% satisfied. I love knowing that when I eat the skins of the veggies, I'm not ingesting any chemicals... and there's no waxy substance to try and scrub off from my cucumbers! And of course, knowing that I'm supporting farmers in my community is an added bonus. Somehow, food & eating seems more personal now, if that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment