Thursday, August 19, 2010

Feeding more than herself: Beth-Ann's transition to really thinking about her food

Challenge: 'Eat an organic food'
Challenge Sponsor: Gust Organics
Category: Health and Fitness
Beth-Ann's action: "I continue to use organic soy instead of cow's milk in my tea, cooking and baking as much as possible. Even my boyfriend doesn't notice."

Beth-Ann's Thoughts:
For some reason, it took me becoming pregnant and 'feeding' another to really think about the food I ate. I always loved to cook, but as my son grew, I became passionate about cooking healthy food that was tasty enough to entice a growing child to eat. What I have now is a teenager who has made the connection on his own that eating well makes him feel good. I'm thinking my work here is done.

I integrated organic soy milk into our diet a few years back. It's a healthy alternative to cow's milk plus it pleases me that its
production is environmentally friendly and stress free on our animal friends. What I've found over the years is that when something is removed from your diet it creates space to include something new that is often 'better' in so many ways. So I use organic soy milk in my cooking and baking for my family without anyone being any the wiser. However, my boyfriend feels the popular name brand is 'too sweet' for his tea. He's British and Brits don't like it when you mess with their tea. So after some experimenting with different store brands I found one he finds acceptable. So he might not use it when he makes
the tea but I sneak it in when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment