Friday, October 29, 2010

Boldest Action Winner: Haig C on local beer discovery (and keeping his dollars close to home)


Category: Environment
Challenge: Enjoy a locally made brew
Sponsor: PocketToolX
Action: Dogfishead! Yum

Haig's Thoughts:
Picking a local brew vs. one from far away - Dogfishhead is local (about 3 hours) from the DC metro area and they do make great beers. I am partial to their 60 Minute IPA, but fall into the category of equal opportunity beer drinker. I do try to drink local craft brews when I travel since you often find great beers that you often can't find at home or simply didn't know about. Either way it makes travel even more fun when you are drinking a new and different beer in a new and different location.

And I definitely steer clear of the mega brews that advertise heavily but seem to focus more on their marketing budget than on developing any real taste. I do feel good about supporting the smaller breweries but feel that it is mutually beneficial. They get my money and I get a much better tasting beer. What's not to like! And, thankfully my friends enjoy drinking craft brews as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment