Thursday, October 28, 2010

Boldest Action Winner: Katherine C takes the 'workout clothes' challenge to new heights


Category: Environment
Challenge: Go a week without washing your workout clothes
Sponsor: Atayne
Action: Do I get bonus points if I go a month, or just lose friends? Because I regularly go 2 weeks, but a month would be a new challenge!

Katherine's thoughts:
Going a month without washing my clothes was only a challenge in that I had to change my habits somewhat and skip my usual every-other-Sunday laundry routine. Most people (including me) have more than one pair of workout clothes (I have 2 pairs of shorts). With strategic shower-washing of the pair you wear, simple actions to keep everyday clothes cleaner (or resign yourself to not care, as I did!), and quick rinsing of underwear in the shower, going a month without doing laundry isn't too difficult and actually saves time!

I encourage others to rethink their clothes-washing habits: excessive washing wears out your clothes faster, for one, and it takes time and energy that you could spend playing outside. Skipping a washing or two really isn't too difficult, and if you try it once, you'll see how easy it is and maybe wash less in the future! I now only wash my clothes once every 3 weeks. Over the course of a year, that's 9 fewer washings or about 9 more hours I can spend doing something more fun than laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment