Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Boldest action winner: Kathy B takes one for the (pooch) team & has a challenge for you!


Challenge: Pick up litter
Challenge Sponsor: Sports Basement
Kathy's Action: Picked up 3 extra bags of dog poo on Bernal Hill while walking my pooches, in part using a bag that I found on the ground!
Bold Votes: 7

Kathy B's Thoughts:
Love walking my pups (well, senior pups) every day. They are pretty small guys, so one bag for poop pickup is enough – if I am only picking up theirs. BUT, I almost always an extra bag or two with me and often find myself saying “karma, karma, karma” as I reach down and grab something left behind by another dog. Actually I should left by a person, since the dogs are, well, dogs. They have no opposable thumbs. I’m pretty sure their owners do – perhaps they are lacking some other human characteristic. Then there are the times when I pick up a plastic bag stuck in the brush and am able to use it to pick up even MORE poop.

I’m not someone who picks up every piece of trash I see although I do wonder if it would be possible to convince everyone to pick up five pieces of random trash every time they go for a walk and what the result would be. I’ll make that commitment now if everyone else reading this will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment